One of the things I noticed is that you never have to ask “Does my brain look fat?” While a good portion of your brain is composed of fatty tissue the 75% water content keeps everything compact and hidden from view. I think that it’s very clever of your brain to hide itself under a tightly knitted skull cap and then camouflage everything with a crown of ever growing hair.
That extra 3 pounds that the rest of your body has to support has done you a great service by packing in 100 billion neuron connectors and 100,000 miles of blood vessels inside. Also, it’s definitely in keeping with the “Green Movement” as it efficiently runs its’ entire electrical system on the same energy as a 25 watt light bulb.
I must say that I’m impressed with your micro processing network that the big computer boys still haven’t managed to emulate. You’ve got behind the scenes controls running temperature, blood pressure and a rhythmic oxygen/carbon dioxide exchange system.
Then there’s your information processing system. It’s a marvel how it handles all those millions and millions external and internal inputs and then calibrates them for levels of importance. The routing mechanism to various centers for deeper processing and memory storage is something all transportation systems should study.
You’ve also got this lightening fast feedback loop giving you output readings on taste, smell, sound, visuals and touch, as well as, a coordinating a complete in-house system for converting gross materials into energy and residue.
Even though that brain of yours only makes up 2% of the entire physical system, it makes the remaining 98% mobile. From gross movement to micro muscle tissue, it initiates action messengers before the thought of moving can reach your consciousness.
One of its rather unique features is a turn-on and turn-off sensor mechanism. When the sensor system is off, your brain works to recharge the physical system. While in sleep mode, it keeps you from falling out of bed and runs on alternate current as it continues to feed you coded information through dreams and nightmares.
When on turn-on mode, all systems are go. An extensive range of cognitive skills are up and running for a full day of observing, evaluating, cross-checking with storied memories, processing for new memories, creating and converting into communication modalities when needed. It also has an unprecedented variable response mechanism that is able to produce the appropriate emotional reaction to match current circumstances.
I must say that quite a brain you’ve got there. I hope you appreciate how well it’s working for you.
You Can Find Me At -